Saturday, March 1, 2008

Washcloth Roses

I decided to try and make these for a small baby shower gift for a friend. They turned out pretty cute, so I'll share what I figured out.

Fold the washcloth in half with the fold on the right. Baby washcloths are very thin, so I found that if I folded that edge over again another inch then it made a fuller and prettier rose in the end.
fold

Fold up the bottom corner and roll the washcloth up, tightly at first, along the folded edge so that the center sticks out a little farther than the edges.
roll

Secure about half-way down with a rubber band.
rubber

Fold up the raw edge "tail" creating a flat base, then roll the edge back down to create the outermost petal.


rose

Then I twisted some green pipe cleaners around the base of the roses, tied on some ribbon for "greenery" and wrapped the whole bunch up in tissue like a bouquet.
basket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so darling. I would love to get one of these for a baby gift. Thanks for the cute idea, I like your presentation much better than mine.

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and creative! I'll have to try that some time!

Scarlett (from BBC)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails