Friday, April 11, 2008

Is It Worth It?

Yes, is it worth it? This is what I asked myself last fall as I bought two moderately-priced bags of peaches, and took them home to can. Why would I do that? The peaches weren't on some great deal. They definitely weren't coming hand-picked off a tree in my own back yard. So why bother?

It's just something I want to be a part of my life. I want my children to know that food comes from nature, not just tin cans. I want my children to know that food is something we create, not just pull out of plastic bags. I want food preparation to be a task that brings our family together, not just regarded as a necessary evil. Will canning store-bought peaches in the middle of the Kansas prairie accomplish any of those things? I don't really know. But I do know that when I see this...

Chair

Photobucket

I think the answer to my original question is "yes."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I didn't know you had a blog. You are much more creative with your blog then I am. You have motivated me to do the same, but where to find the time. Oh I know, maybe the month I will be sitting at home with no husband and no friends because they are all ditching me!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Darling picture of Owen! I'm excited about your peaches. Good job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails