Sunday, November 23, 2008

Beyond the Ordinar-E


The great thing about being parents, is that a month before Christmas, you can buy your child this movie, pull it out on a Saturday night after your beloved child has gone to bed, and enjoy a much-needed date night. Along with being long overdue (as the parents of two young boys) is the heightened excitement of doing something sneaky and secretive. The best part is, you see, that after opening the movie for your date night viewing pleasure, you put it back in its case, hide it in the sock drawer where it will stay for the next month until you wrap it up to be opened by your unsuspecting child Christmas morning!

Do I feel guilty? No way, as a middle child I am cursed with the "staying up late for absolutely no reason" syndrome, because my whole childhood I went to bed certain that my older siblings and parents were going to do "really fun" things after I went to bed. So I feel satisfied and vindicated proving that my feelings as a six year-old were all valid...plus its a great movie. You should watch it too.

4 comments:

rachel said...

Oh, I want to see that movie! Hopefully sometime soon but with all of the Christmas stuff I have a list of Christmas movies I want to watch first :)

Mindy said...

Hahah! Tyler and I have yet to see the movie but plan on it and look forward to it!

John and Becky Bowler said...

You crack me up Jeanette. :) Do you remember when we went as carolers for Halloween one year? For some reason that's coming to my mind...random. :) Hope you guys are having a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Anonymous said...

My parents and brothers would eat ice cream after I went to bed, and if I got out of bed and caught them, they told me it would give me nightmares! At least I never lied to you when I put you to bed earlier! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails