Friday, January 9, 2009

On the Return to Normal Life

So sad to see Daddy leave for school. We've had so much fun having Dad home for Christmas break, that he cried and cried when Daddy left. He loves his dad.

His dad loves him too. I know his dad loves him, because every night this week at bedtime he has swallowed his 28-year-old male pride, and sung "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid (by request of course) to his adoring son.

And I sat in the other room and giggled.

". . . Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has everything. . ."

=giggle=

". . . What would I give if I could live out of these waters. . ."

=snicker=

". . . What's a fire and why does it, what's the word? Buuuuurn. . ."

=snort=

". . . Out of the sea, wish I could be, part of that world."

And then my heart melts, and I no longer feel guilty for brushing aside Jeremy's small fears of inadequacy about welcoming our first child. All you need is love. And I see daily proof that we have it.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That's adorable!!!

John and Becky Bowler said...

Jeanette, you crack me up. I love your new background thingy. It's way cute. Are you coming down for Emily's wedding? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails