Friday, January 2, 2009

Ring Out the Old

How festive were your New Years' Eve festivities? We were getting over the wedding flu, so we kept things calm and simple. We stayed home as a family, and had a little backyard fun.


Sporting the new years' hat he found at Hobby Lobby earlier in the day. But for some reason, as you can see, he was seriously not interested in my wanting to take his picture in it.


Sitting in front of my Birthday/Christmas present. I REALLY wanted a fire pit! (That and a pair of gauntlets--see next picture.)

Pink-nosed and rosy-cheeked. My sweet green gauntlets keeping my wrists warm, and hot-chocolate keeping my finger tips warm.



Gooey marshmallows warmed our bellies. A fun night to remember.







2 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy New Year! I totally forgot you have a blog until you commented on mine! So, I've been reading backwards and wanted to just say something about your tornado post on Dec. 8. OK, first of all, there is something kind of cool about the thrill of a tornado. Having lived through many of them, I know. But, it's only cool until a REAL one hits, and then the results are just...well, you drive around looking at peoples' homes and you don't know what to say. Having said that-I want to move to Oklahoma!! So funny that you mentioned it, because most people think I'm crazy. I actually don't want to move there for the tornadoes, though...It just seems like a great place to really settle. To live out my days. Russell is even open to it, he just has to find a job. That's the tricky part.
Take care!

John and Becky Bowler said...

Happy New Year!!! Your boys are so cute and they are getting so big. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails