Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Cones

We got snow! Last night. And this morning. And supposedly it's going to keep coming down all evening.

Luckily we just picked up snow boots for Owen yesterday, so he had to go break them in.

He put a lot of concentration into making tracks all over the back yard.

And when he was all tuckered out, it was time to come in for a snack.

Snow cones can't be made every day of the year--they're a special treat! My dad used to make them for us when we were little. Fill a bowl with fresh snow that is "clean" and above ground. I got the top layer off the snow on our patio table.

Pour syrup over the top. My dad used to use fruit-flavored pancake syrups. I used fruit juice concentrate.

Add a bit more fresh snow and mix up.

The boys loved these. It's all about the novelty, what kid wouldn't?!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

cool, my parents never let me eat snow.

Mama said...

Our kids ate snow, but I was not clever enough to think of snow cones. Maybe because I grew up in Idaho and grew tired of the snow. The only thing my parents told me and I shared with my kids was, "Don't eat yellow snow!!!"

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

What a great idea! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails