Monday, March 15, 2010

Sun Catcher

Owen's home for spring break this week. I've made it a goal to do projects with him every day, and not just let him sit on the computer like he wants to. So this morning we made shamrock sun catchers.

First I put Owen to work with some green tissue paper. We cut a bunch of squares and put them in a bowl. Then I cut out a square of contact paper, drew a shamrock on it, and peeled off the backing.

Owen got to work filling in the shamrock with squares of tissue paper. When he was all done I cut out the shamrock, and we hung them up.


I saw this done originally with a heart for Valentine's Day--but I think the idea adapts well. I could also see a pumpkin for Halloween and the fall, and a great tree or star for Christmas.

Have any fun project ideas for me and Owen this week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute idea, you are such a good mom!

Melissa said...

I love the idea of using contact paper so you can avoid the glue mess.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails