Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Cake and an Anniversary


This was my wedding cake. But today is not the anniversary of my marriage. It's the 1st anniversary of beginning my blog! I had planned on marking this day with a sweet batch of sugar cookies to try out some decorating techniques from the new cookie book my awesome sister-in-law got me for Christmas. Alas, life got in the way. So you'll have to settle with a picture of my wedding cake and a funny story involving chocolate and a three-year-old.

I was having a major hankering for chocolate. (I didn't used to get them, but since marrying Jeremy, and reaping the benefits of his chocolate cravings, mine have increased tenfold!) The best thing I could find in the house was trail mix, so I sat down to enjoy what slim-chocolate-pickin's were to be found. My three-year-old joined me, and here's what followed:


Me: "Pick up a whole handful"

He picks out a piece of chocolate

Me: "Grab a raisin too sweetie, you can't just eat all the chocolate."

He picks out a piece of chocolate, eats it, and goes to dig for another one.

Me: "Pick up a peanut too!"

Him: "But I am getting a raisin."

Me: "Ok."


Really I should be ashamed of myself. But seriously there was only like eight m&m's in the whole little bowl. I don't mind sharing, but I DO mind being left with an entire bowl of peanuts after getting only ONE of the m&m's.

But, on the topic of celebratory cakes, you should definitely check out the blog Jeremy and I were in tears laughing over this last week: Cake Wrecks, When professional cakes go horribly and hilariously wrong! (This site just may receive a permanent place on my sidebar.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary to YOU!It has been fun to read your thoughts and see what you guys are up to. Keep up the fun posts!! I just heard the news about your visit...and I am SUPER EXCITED!! We will have to do something FUN!!

John and Becky Bowler said...

Jeanette...tell Shanna to get a blog!!! We need to see what's going on in her life. :) The cake looks great...I remember your wedding reception. That was a lot of fun. I think that my bridesmaid dress is still at my parents house somewhere. :)

Anonymous said...

I forgot how beautiful your cake was, great job on picking it out! Too bad I didn't get to taste any thanks to Kevin Chugg and my utencil sharing phobia.

P.S. Now I am going to go find some chocolate, thanks a lot!

-your sis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails