Monday, January 26, 2009

Farewell


Dear Couch,

Our introduction was such a sweet surprise. Although second-hand and left behind you were not too bad on the eyes. Your neutral color was non-offensive, and you didn't even have any funky smells lingering about you.

Although you had one broken gear you functioned more than adequately. It was a simple matter to pull you away from the wall and lay you down as a sleeper. Your "full"-sized mattress at one time or another cradled my mom, my sister and her husband, Jeremy's parents, his sister, and then both my parents. You even on occasion provided a slumber-party location for Jeremy and me to stay up late watching Anime and pretending to be in college again. I will always look back in fondness on those two years when I had the pleasure to call you, "a piece of my furniture."

It's just that your shape is so "modern." You don't really fit my style. And I don't know where we are moving next, I mean--will I have room for you the next place we live? Sure, I'd love to be buying a house but times are tough right now. . . And although we won't be finished and moving for another three months. . . I just felt there was no reason to prolong our inevitable break up. I couldn't lie to you like that, not after all we've been through.

And so my couch, I hope that you will forgive me. Although you came to me for free, and you never asked anything of me in return. . . I despair telling you-- I sold you for 80 bucks on craigslist.

Yours truly,
Jeanette

5 comments:

Ashley said...

So Funny!!!

Kindy said...

Hey Jeanette! How are you? I can't believe that my long lost friend found me in the blogging world. Isn't it great? Thanks for commenting. Your farewell to your couch was funny. Looks like you have a great little family, your boys are so cute!

Kindy

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I love ya!

-your sis

Michelle said...

Hi Jeanette ~

I used to work with your mother-in-law, Debbie, at BMCC. I threw in her name just in case you were confused as to what your husbands, mothers name was :)

Anyhoo - she recommended that I read your ode to the couch. Thank you for the laugh!

Hope you don't mind that I stopped by!

Michelle Rosales

Jeanette said...

Oh, but I love entertaining visitors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails