Monday, February 23, 2009

Alone Time

The baby and I returned from Arizona. No, we didn't leave anyone behind, we were just the only two that went. And it was good.



It was just the two of us. Me and my second child, my second boy. But he's more than just a second. He's an individual. He will always be defined partially by his family, and by his place in the family, but there is another part of him defined by his own spirit and personality. I loved that this trip allowed me to see that side of him. He's never been away from his brother before in his almost one full year of life. (We spent almost three years alone with his brother getting to know him.)

I know it's possible--I can be a good mother to both my boys, and to any other children that join our family. This will help. Quality alone time. To help me appreciate my children, to help me understand them, to express my love to them. (And I'll be darned if my three-year-old doesn't appreciate me more after my absence as well!)

Alone time--a good thing, all around.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That is interesting to think of! I had never thought about alone time with babies after your first is scarce. I know Tyler and I have talked about different ways to be sure we each get one-on-one with our kids when they are older.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails