Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Chickens

So we're nuts.

Since we're supposed to be graduating, getting a job, and leaving, we decided that now would be a great time for us to start the backyard flock of chickens we've been thinking about.

Oh you only think I'm joking.

And Mom and Dad you only wish I was joking.

But I'm not. Meet the girls:









They are currently in my 29 gallon glass tank with a heat lamp. They need to stay in-doors for 6 more weeks.

Amazingly that coincides perfectly with the date that my parents and brother will be in town for Jeremy's graduation. My dad "gets bored" on vacations and "loves" having random projects to do instead. Building a chicken coop and run will be the perfect way to keep him occupied the weekend he's visiting!

6 comments:

Sheffer's said...

That's so cool. Congrats on your new adventure! :D I bet your boys are so excited to have animals around. Mine beg me for animals almost daily. Tell Sis. Gerhard "Hi" from my family! She and my mom were really close, and my dad and Bro. Gerhard were roommates (I think) and joined the church around the same time. My little sister, Tina's middle name is Jeanne after her. Small world!!!

Brian's Wife said...

I am laughing...I am sure Owen is in heaven!! I am not going to show Collin this or else he will want chickens, he already wants a bunny since he saw the pictures of the Weed's new addition. I know for a fact it is against our HOA, plus we have a new litter of kittens every few months...so who needs real pets when you can have the neighborhood strays! I wish Brian and I were a little more like you guys...I feel like we have been frozen for the last year because we don't know what the future is going to hold! Way to live life to the fullest!! Have fun with the new additions...I think this just gave me an idea for Jeremy's b-day!

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing you two more when I come in a month. (If they haven't been eaten by coyotes.) I hope they will count as "carry-ons".

Mindy said...

Nice! But aren't you staying for more school? Or is that still in the works?

rachel said...

How hilarious! Love it!

Debbie said...

Having chickens that you have raised from chicks is so much fun. They change so much every single day and you can really see their personalities develop a little more each day. I love my chickens and wouldn't know what to do without them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails