Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Spooky Ambiance

Last week we pulled out the Halloween decorations and started decorating the piano top. (Providing a nice display surface for decorations is the best part of having a piano!)

But I felt like my decorations were a bit sparse, so I began searching the internet for some cute (and cheap) ideas. Here's what I've been having fun working on.

Silhouettes--you know they are big right now. I thought they'd be perfect for a Halloween version of family pictures.

I did individual silhouettes for both boys as well. This ghost is one I made last year (I'll post a tutorial later.) Then I went outside and collected some spooky crooked branches to put in my bud vase.

I had these little frames too, so I did some spooky mice silhouettes as well. (The black silhouette frames were all together in a set with a few more for only $9.99.)

Then I made some spooky "bleeding" candles by dripping red candle wax down some "bone colored" candles I had.

I assembled the whole collection with draping cheesecloth to achieve the final results:

I'm pleased with the spooky look, and may still end up adding more. Once I do some more holiday internet surfing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO CUTE! What fun. You are so creative. Now just learn to play the Wobblin' Gobblin' on the Piano!
Nonny

Brian's Wife said...

Fun! I need to find where in the world my box of Halloween decorations is hidden! They are either in our deathtrap of a laundry room....or somewhere in the basement of your mom's house. I dream of a day when I have more room to store and organize stuff. Your silhouettes are cute....I have seen a MILLION cute craft ideas I have been dieing to make...I just have a hard time convincing myself that I want to deal with the mess. Maybe I have been spending too much time picking play-dough out of the carpet and erasing all of E's abstract drawings off the walls and furniture! I love all the fall decor. so maybe your post will inspire me to "make a mess" :-)

carolyn said...

Did you make those sillouettes? They look absolutely like each of you guys!

Mindy said...

I like the silhouettes! I wanted to do this for all my babies, I even have a picture of Cam's profile i took when he was only a month old. I never did get to it tho.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails