Thursday, December 3, 2009

Piano Man

There's a swanky new second-hand store that opened up right by us recently. (We aren't actually sure when, really, one day we were just like 'Whoa, when did that place open up?) Actually it's the store where I bought the hankie for my sister, and when I bought it they gave me this little tote bag thing that I could bring back for 10% off.

Since my birthday is coming up soon, I told Jeremy that --after seeing all this cool stuff that other people on the internet seem to find in thrift stores, that for my birthday I wanted to go on a "shopping spree" to all the thrift stores in town. Unfortunately the day was kind of a bust regarding the "cool vintage finds" I wanted to get for myself. But we did find something a little too much to pass up at the funky/swanky store.

It's adorable! The boys were having a ball plinking and pounding away on it, and all I could do was laugh. So Jeremy took the boys out to the car, buckled them in and backed up to the front door "accidentally" popping the trunk latch (Owen noticed.) I paid for the thing and snuck it into the trunk.

We don't know yet if it will be a Christmas present, or if we may save it for Jonas' birthday. But accorting to tradition we had to get it out tonight after the boys were asleep and play with it.

Prepare to be impressed:

3 comments:

Marci said...

can you call me with the address?? I'm a sucker for second hand stores... maybe I'll just come and pick you up and we can go together? (I'd call you and ask for the address, but I don't think you would be too happy if i woke you up!)`

Mama said...

I am impressed!!!!!!!!!!!
Fun find. Fun sounds!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is the same scale as your Christmas tree!! Nonny

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails